overview of the field
degrees in early childhood education prepare individuals in training and educating children from age one to three. early childhood education curriculum focuses on developing learning abilities in young children which will help their understanding in primary education. moreover, the curriculum focuses on innovative techniques and activities that help small children develop their understanding capabilities.
early childhood education programs
universities and colleges offer
- masters in early childhood education
- associate programs in early childhood education
- doctorate in early childhood education.
while at the undergraduate level students gain knowledge regarding the persistent techniques and methods being employed in early childhood education, the curriculum at a later stage of education encourages free thinking and developing new strategies for early childhood education.
courses in early childhood education
the curriculum in early childhood education prepares students in designing, implementing and evaluating appropriate and constructive learning experience for children. however, the course must be accredited by the national council for accreditation of teacher education. depending on the level, students will also have the choice to select from a number of elective courses apart from the compulsory courses. this is also assist them finding a niche for themselves in the job market.
some of the courses included in the curriculum are:
- child psychology
- practicum in early childhood education
- early childhood learning environment
- family engagement
- building home and school connections
- strategies for eliminating achievement gaps
- children, family and society
- instruction in early childhood reading and literacy
- exceptional children in early childhood settings.